This is the Request for Proposal (RFP) for Developing Two Books of Photo Stories (Local Food and Local Knowledge in GEF SGP Phase-VI) for Knowledge Management GEF SGP’s Indonesia Phase-VI. These activities are part of the full-sized project titled Sixth Operational Phase of the GEF SGP in Indonesia (PIMS5529) implemented through Yayasan Bina Usaha Lingkungan (YBUL), under the NGO execution modality, which is to be undertaken in 2021. The project started on the 10th of June 2017 and is in its four year of implementation.
2. PROJECT BACKGROUND INFORMATION
YBUL GEF SGP Indonesia is seeking the services of a writer and photographer organisation with experience in taking development work-oriented photographs and writing community story. The selected organisation will document and develop several various projects activities regarding local food and local knowledge through photography. These photographs will form part of GEF SGP Indonesia’s project/programme photo portfolio.
The target landscapes and seascapes are a key forest landscape of Nantu Wild Life Reserve, Gorontalo province, as well as coastal seascapes of Sulawesi (Wakatobi archipelagos); Bali (Nusa Penida island); and East Nusa Tenggara (Semau Island).
3. SCOPE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the National Coordinator of GEF SGP Indonesia, the selected organisation will be required to:
- Writing community stories and capture high resolution images of GEF SGP Indonesia’s various project activities of Phase-VI with subject: local food (Semau Projects and Wakatobi Projects) and local knowledge (Gorontalo Projects and Nusa Penida Projects).
- Caption each photograph with specific details such as the location taken, name of the person (for portraits), activity and any other relevant information (a short story about the profile that is displayed. Such as activities carried out and why this profile is important to be displayed in this book);
- Provide GEF SGP Indonesia with two books of photo stories in dual language (English and Indonesia). The copy right for all these photographs remains with GEF SGP Indonesia.
4. CONSULTANCY METHODOLODY of WORK
The methodology of work will consist of desk review of relevant project documentation and
Compiling from other resource photo from activities of GEF SGP Indonesia grantee partners. The selected organization can travel to the site if possible and they will be expected to cover their own insurance costs.
5. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The organization should possess the following minimum qualifications:
I. Years of experience: Minimum three years progressive experience managing photography and writing activities
- The organization has experience taking photographs for development related agencies and projects and writing community stories;
- The organization has experience of working with UNDP, or other UN, international agencies, and National Geographic’s;
- Ownership or possession of a high-resolution state of the art digital camera/equipment is a MUST
6. Expected Output
Two books of photo stories that have been translated into English were used as material for knowledge Management GEF SGP Indonesia
7. Activity Timelines:
The assignment will be carried out in for a period of 30 days, between October 26th to December 9th 2021.
8. Reporting / Lead Persons:
The selected organization will directly report to GEF SGP Indonesia National Coordinator with support Program Office Knowledge Management Officer of GEF SGP Indonesia.
All deliverables should be handed out in one hard copies as well as one soft copy (word format and excel format for tables) and a PDF format for web publishing in Indonesia and English language. If relevant, copies of high resolution maps and graphics should also be handed out to the project management team.
10. Application procedure:
Applicants are required to submit the following:
• A technical proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why your organization consider your organization suitable
• Contact details of referees which shall be organizations for whom you have produced documentaries
• Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price together with any other expenses) related to the assignment. The deadline for the submission is 10 October-2021, interested consultant to send their application through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the Photo Story book for Knowledge Management GEF SGP